Monday, January 19, 2009

If you wanna get the rabbit out the LOG you got to make a cold motion like a DOG.

Its a great Waylon Jennings tune and fine reason to not let me update the blog-scattered thoughts and random titles. Never the less it is Whit writing this weeks update. Corvallis was a much brighter place this last week. Sunshine and a steady routine made our second week here in Corvallis feel more like home. School for both Lindsay and I is great. I am taking two real classes this term with the bulk of my time spent on research. I was told to keep my course load light this first semester due to the time I would be spending drawing blood and dosing sheep with Selenium. Starting the 8th of February I will be spending noon to midnight at the sheep research center. Yes under normal circumstances employees would take care of this but I have to draw blood samples on new-born lambs before they nurse. And apparently graduate research assistants have no limits on how much they can work. Fortunately these long hours will end on the 15th of March. Overall the benefits of free tuition and stipend out weigh the cons of being the head errand boy.
This week Lindsay received a calling. Laurel co-advisor!!!! We both laughed when she was asked, moments earlier in sacrament meeting I leaned over and jokingly commented she would be called to young women. My fingers are crossed that I will be the microphone coordinator in Sunday school but for now Lindsay is the only one with a calling. The ward is great! It is a nice mixture of older and younger members all of whom have been very welcoming. We feel blessed to be where we are.
The long weekend was nice to spend together. We explored Corvallis and surrounding areas and enjoyed plenty of sunshine. After the first week of rain and fogg the Sun was a welcome sight. We took a long ride on our bikes. Lindsay's countenance quickly changes when we have a hill to climb. Since we live on a hill I'm not sure how often we will ride bikes together. Or maybe we will catch that outdoorsy granola spirit and love those heart healthy hills.
Are you falling asleep yet? Well that's all I can think of. Saludos to everyone far away. Thank you for your support. Whit

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you guys. Be good and tell Lindsay she needs to tough out the hills.

Momma Kimmy

Terry's said...

Linds and Whit!
I really missed a lot of your blog! It was fun to read up and see how you guys are doing. It looks beautiful there. We miss you guys here though.
Whit- I bet you get called to scouts or something.
Love you guys!
Oh... last week Chloe asked why we didn't name Lyla, Lindsey. I told her we already have a Lindsey in the family. She said 'I know, I just like that name. We could have 2 you know.'