Thursday, January 8, 2009

Got Married, Got a Puppy, Moved Out of State

The title of this post lists the three big changes that have occurred for Whit and I since my last post....5 months ago. Rather than writing multiple post to illustrate each of these great, stupid, adventurous changes I thought I would just write one broad one and include pictures.

The first really super big change. We got MARRIED!! Whit and I have had a great time. It doesn't feel like we got married though, I just feel like I moved in with my best friend. The first few weeks we were married were interesting. Since we dated long distance we weren't together in many social situations and only spent short, blissful weekends together. We (I) had to get used to being with each other all the time. Like every second of the day! So that was new, but good. Whit has gotten used to my opinionated nature and "impractical" grocery shopping. Our first excursion to the grocery store was full comparing prices, and Whit explaining that I had been paying for the packaging and name brand rather than the actual food. I quickly replied, "When I grocery shop I pay for quality not quantity." This is still an issue we are working through.

We also had a new addition to our family. We bought a dog. His name is Otis and he is really cute. Whit and I decided that he looked like Tummy Gummy for Disney channels Gummy Bears. The first day we had him was an experience. We took him home and loved playing with him and cuddling with him. At the end of the day I put him in his kennel while we made dinner. After dinner we went to get him and were greeted with disgusting mess! He looked like a chocolate bear instead of a gummy bear. It was awful. I took the dog to give him a bath and curse at him until he understood that he had done a very bad thing, while Whit cleaned the kennel. There have been other mishaps since then but for the most part we have been happy we got him. As long as Whit takes care of the unpleasantries I love the cute little, mop. If I have to do it then Otis is threatened with a new owner or worse. Aside from Otis' puppy faults we do really love him.

Our most recent change is our move to Oregon. We are currently staying with family friends in Salem, Oregon, which is about 45 minutes away from school. So we start our days at 6, which really isn't bad, but it feels so early! Whit has jumped into his classes and is working with sheep a lot. He is really busy and a little worried about he will weather biochemistry in the coming terms. We are happy here and adapting to our new home. This is only our fourth day here. We can't wait to move into our apartment and make a home in Corvallis, Or. There isn't much more than that. I am sure I will add more once we are more settled. We will let you know how moving goes next time!


-The Stews



4 comments:

Rebecca said...

HAHA!!! Ryan and I did the grocery shopping arguments too!!! I finally gave in a did some things store brand because there wasn't a difference, but found that there were some things that HAD to be name brand. Word to the wise... NEVER buy store brand mac and cheese!!

The Stewarts said...

Haha. . I totally agree about the Mac & Cheese thing. Bad idea to go cheep on an already cheep meal!

Unknown said...

I want a spagetti sandwich.

woodubsonice said...

oh yay!!!! I miss your cooking lover...