Friday, February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Big Stew Daddy!
















February 4 was Whitty's birfday! He turned 26. What the!!!!! Seeing that I didn't have monetary recources to make his birthday magical, I turned to our freezer and free lamb from the Sheep Center! We had a great leg of lamb awaiting a speacial occasion. I slow cooked it in the oven just like a delicious beef roast. mmm...mmm...(I wished it was a beef roast, don't tell Whit!) I cooked it up with some onions, celery, carrots, tomato sauce and potatoes. To add some fresh color I steamed cooked some green beans. Tasty! To top off the delicious culinary affair I made a big chocolate cake with bananas and almonds on top and in the middle. After Whit finished his dinner he shared this great one liner with me, "I'll tell ya, nothing gets to a man's heart quicker than a good meal and a skirt." haha. . Maybe thats too much insight into our marriage, but I thought it was funny and applies to all men.





I'll put some pictures up from our yummy birthday dinner.

3 comments:

meg said...

LINDSAY!!! Your feast looks tastier than restaurant food! (esp when I pretend the lamb is really beef) You are such a lovely wife. I am going to tell Riley that he can't see this post...he will think I should cook.

Rebecca said...

I don't think I'd even know what to do with lamb!! Looks yummy!!!

Courtney and Hyrum said...

I wish I could cook